PhotonExport can provide a wide range of technical glass and substrates products that can be custom fabricated to meet your specific application requirements.
High Ion Exchange Glass
Glass formed using a High Ion Exchange (HIE™) process is stronger and more durable than non HIE™ glass substrates. PhotonExport can supply glass with coatings to three main manufactured HIE brands of glass ; Asahi Dragontrail™, Corning® Gorilla® Glass, and Schott Xensation™.
• AGC Dragontrail™
• Corning® Gorilla® Glass
• SCHOTT Xensation™Cover Glass
Soda-lime glass, also known as soda-lime-silica glass, is the most widely used type of glass, used for window panes, and glass containers (bottles and jars) for food, beverages, and some commodity items. Glass bakeware can often be made using tempered soda-lime glass.
PhotonExport can provide custom fabrication and thin film coating of an extensive selection of soda-lime float glass. Soda-lime glass can be chemically strengthened in order to increase its mechanical strength, or it can heat strengthened/tempered to increase thermal shock, resistance and mechanical strength. The substrates can be machined, optically coated, chemically etched, sandblasted, colored, or laminated.
Soda-Lime sheet glass is produced by a floating molten glass on a bed of molten tin ; this method gives the sheet uniform thickness and very flat surfaces. Soda-lime is the base material for the clearest, most colorful, and patterned glass types. Soda-Lime glass can be used in an extensive range of applications.
• Clear & Tinted
• Low Iron
• Anti-Glare Reducing Etched Glass
• Low Emissivity (Low E) Glass
• Heat Absorbing Float Glass
PhotonExport, at present offers two products both from SCHOTT that fit into this specific product substrate category, SCHOTT Robax® and SCHOTT Pyran®. These products have the fabrication advantage of glass in addition to the extreme heat resistance properties of ceramic.
• SCHOTT Robax® Transparent Ceramic Glass – Get Robax Transparent Ceramic Glass Specification
• SCHOTT Pyran® Fire Rated Ceramic Glass
Fused silica and Fused Quartz are types of glass substrates which sustain high working and melting temperatures. Both fused quartz and fused silica are extremely pure. Fused quartz is usually transparent while fused silica is translucent or opaque.
• Corning® 7980 Fused Silica – Get 7980 Fused Silica Specification
• GE 124 Fused Quartz
• CGM Fused Silica: JGS1, JGS2, JGS3 – JGS Fused Silica Glass Specification (350 downloads)
PhotonExport can provide an extensive selection of SCHOTT Borofloat®, borosilicate glass for a wide multitude of applications. The fundamental components of borosilicate glass are silica and boron oxide which provide a very low coefficient of thermal expansion, resulting in the glass being more resistant to thermal shock than other standard glass substrates. In addition to this, borosilicate glass is resistant to chemical corrosion which makes it suitable for laboratory use.
• SCHOTT Borofloat® 33 Multi-Functional Float Glass – Get the Borofloat® 33 Multi-Functional Float Specification
• SCHOTT Duran® Lab Glass (Tubed)
• SCHOTT SUPREMAX® Rolled Borosilicate – Get the Borosilicate33 TechnicalGlass Specification
• SCHOTT D263 Colorless Thin Glass
PhotonExport can also provide a selection of specialty glass products that can be custom fabricated to reach your specific application requirements. The options below are a few examples, if you are unable find the glass specification you require please contact us at: [email protected] or TOLL FREE in
Portugal (+351) 800 180 183 or
Spain (+34) 608 058 031
• Corning® Willow® Glass
• Corning® Eagle XG® LCD Glass Free of Heavy Metals
• Laminated Glass – Safety Glass
• SCHOTT SuperWhite B270® Flat Glass
• Weld Shield
• White Flashed Opal
• X-Ray Glass (Radiation Shielding Glass)
Request a quote or more information about Technical Glass and Substrates.
After you have chosen your substrate we can then provide you with the coating you require. In addition to all the standard products we can deliver affordable, precision coating on an extensive variety of substrates, adjusting the wavelength region to match your requirement.
Clear Protective Coatings for Coated and Uncoated Glass and Ceramic
• CleanVue™ PRO
Anti-Reflective (AR) Coatings
Transparent Conductive Coatings
• Indium Tin Oxide (ITO)
• Index-Matched Indium Tin Oxide (IMITO)
• Hot Mirror Filters
• Cold Mirror Filters
• 470 Short Wave Pass (SWP)
Dichroic and Color Correction Filters
Wavelength Selection Filters
• Long Wave Pass (LWP)
• Short Wave Pass (SWP)
• Band Pass
• Plate (Standard & Polarizing)
• Cube (Standard & Polarizing)
Mirrors and Metals
• Dielectric, Metal, Standard, and Custom
Neutral Density Filters & Dark Mirrors
Infrared (IR) Filters
Specialty Glass Product:
Choose your glass material to match your application with the heat or chemical treatment you need.
We then applied the affordable precision coating on the substrate adjusting to your required wavelength need.